- Area of rotation: Freestanding and mast style jib cranes offer 360° rotation; wall-mounted cranes offer 200° rotation.
- Underboom height: Distance from floor to underside of jib crane's boom. Also factor in hoist size and lifting height needed.
- Overall jib crane height: Factor in any attachments, such as electrical entry, so the crane will be free from overhead obstructions.
- Actual working span needed: The working (or hook) distance is roughly the length of the boom, less ½ trolley length at each end.
- Power requirements: Will you need power for your jib crane's motor drive, its trolley, its hoist...or all three? Will the power be electric or air,bottom or top entry, indoor or outdoor use?
- Installation: Your Spanco distributor can review your application and, together with our engineering staff, make expert recommendations.